Online banking is a great way to manage your finances from the convenience of home…
Online banking is a great way to manage your finances from the convenience of home – or from wherever you have access to your computer. So when the weather outside is sub par or you are away from Maine, it is convenient to be able to get online and transfer money, pay your bills, and check statements. Signing up for online banking with Saco Valley Credit Union is easy, advantageous, and free!
You can easily register for online banking from our website: sacovalley.org. As long as you have an active, unrestricted account with SVCU, you are able to register. From your computer, click the orange “Login” button in the top right corner and then click the register button. Go through the prompts, entering the information requested. Once you have completed the registration you are all set and ready to sign in.
Once signed in using the credentials you set up during registration, you are greeted with a dashboard page where you can see an overview of your accounts. On the left is a bar containing links to various tools including eStatements, account history, transfers and payments, bill pay, messages and alerts, among other things like settings. The numbers below are associated with the respective areas in the image.
- Accounts (1). Under accounts you can see your overview, history or eStatements (if you opted to receive your statements electronically). During registration, you are prompted to select if you want paper or electronic statements. eStatements are a great way to view statements at your convenience, download them to your computer, or print for your records. It’s also a great way to help the Credit Union reduce its impact on the environment.
- Transfers & Payments (2). Transferring between accounts or paying your loan is as simple as clicking a button using home banking. Click Transfer & Payments, choose the account the funds are coming from, then the account they are going to and the amount you would like to transfer, and follow the prompts to complete the payment or transfer.
- Bill Pay (3). Use bill pay to pay companies, people (friends or relatives), or even rent! Based on the information provided, paper checks may be mailed or the funds will be transferred electronically – all for free!
- Messages & Alerts (4). The messages tab can be used to communicate securely with Saco Valley Credit Union. Let us know of travel plans or ask questions securely. If you click Manage Alerts, you can create alerts for various types of account activity.
- Check Ordering (5). If you need to order more checks, select Check Ordering on the left. You will be routed to a secure Harland Clarke page to complete your order.
- Family & Friends (6). If you need to give someone else access to your account, you can add them as a user with view access or additional permissions in the section, as long as they are Saco Valley Credit Union members.
- Settings (7). In settings you can update your login information, contact information, or view a history of events like log ins and log in attempts.
Online banking is a great tool to keep tabs on your financial position. The ability to manage your account from the comfort of your own home opens up endless possibilities for the world of banking. However, it’s important to keep in mind your online security when using home and mobile banking. Looking for mobile access to your account? Check out our mobile banking page!